Buffalo Chicken Pizza
I love Buffalo anything, chicken, shrimp, you name it. I LOVE spicy and I love pizza; so putting buffalo chicken on pizza only seems natural to me. One of my biggest frustrations when getting a buffalo chicken pizza at most restaurants is that they do not put any blue cheese on the pizza. I know not everyone likes blue cheese, but at least give customer's the option. Buffalo Chicken Pizza with only mozzarella on it just does not cut it! So.... since I cannot get a perfect Buffalo Chicken Pizza when I go out to eat, I make it exactly the way I want it at home and it is AWESOME!!!
The recipe I am sharing with you today is super easy. There is absolutely nothing hard about it. It is quick and simple. The best part is you can change it up with little effort. You can turn it into a BBQ Chicken Pizza or even a Chicken Alfredo Pizza. The only thing you have to do is change the sauce and maybe switch out a few of the toppings if you to knock it up a notch.
I started out the day thinking about what I wanted to make for dinner (yes, I do that. I think about dinner as soon as I get up some days. Other days though, the thought is, "Oh my gosh! I need more coffee!!). I was torn between pizza and Buffalo Wings. Obviously, the answer was to combine the two and make Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Dilemma solved.
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- 1 pizza crust (you can make your own or buy a pre-made one. There are a lot of pretty good ones in the market, so most of the time I buy one that is pre-made. It is soooooo much easier and faster).
- 1 T Frantoio Valtenesi Chili Pepper Infused Olive Oil
- 1 t Chili Infused B-sphere balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c hot sauce
- 1 T mayonnaise
- 1 t ketchup
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t onion powder
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- 1 c cooked cube chicken (or 10 oz. canned chicken)
- 2 c shredded Italian cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 425 °
- Mix Frantoio Valtenesi Chili Pepper Infused Olive Oil, Chili Infused B-sphere balsamic vinegar, hot sauce, mayonnaise, ketchup, garlic and onion powder, salt and pepper well.
- Microwave for 30 seconds and whisk until smooth.
- Lightly drizzle a little Frantoio Valtenesi Chili Pepper Infused Olive Oil on pizza crust (put curst on a pan first).
- Evenly spread sauce mixture over top of pizza crust, leaving about a half an inch from the side of the crust.
- Evenly spread chicken over sauce (you can add more chicken if you want).
- Sprinkle the shredded Italian cheese blend over the top of the chicken and sauce (you can use more or less cheese, whatever suits your taste).
- Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese over top of the Italian cheese blend (again, use more or less, whatever you prefer).
- Place pizza in heated oven and cook for 13 – 15 minutes (oven temps vary so take the pizza out of the oven when cheese is melted and starting to bubble or brown slightly).
- Cut into slices and enjoy!
Flavors of Lonato Products Used: